CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Family

Yesterday, we waited anxiously as Gustav headed toward Louisiana and Mississippi. We had just driven through those states in July and they are beautiful...we even stayed in Baton Rouge one night! Sean and I watched the news in the morning as the kids played, rode bikes and swam. In the later afternoon we gathered the kids together for Family Home Evening (we played "heads up 7-up" with scripture stories). We then ate dinner and watched a movie together. Simple, but quality time.

I wished I could hold on to last night and not let go. I realized again that this is what life is about...doing the best you can and family. This is what makes me the most happy. We all enjoyed just "being" together without any interruptions: to laugh, play and learn about the gospel. As I lay in bed early this morning holding little Matthew who isn't feeling well, I thought about the families that are away from their homes or in shelters. That would be so hard and our prayers go out to them. It was then again that I felt truly grateful for being in my home, with my family, and safe from any storms.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Your feelings were so beautifully expressed. It's always good to step back and count your blesings, especially for your family. Love you, MOM