Well, Friday morning I was so proud of myself because I finished exercising and showering at a decent morning hour. It was then that the school nurse called and Jake wasn't feeling well. I told her I would be right there, called a neighbor to watch the boys, and was out the door...almost! The phone rang (thinking it was the school nurse)I answered it and here's how the start of the conversation went:
"Hello"
"Hello, this is the police department. Is everything O.K.? Someone just called 9-1-1!"
Ahhhhh! My mind immediately went back to 2 minutes before when I was in the bathroom getting ready and Matthew was pushing buttons on the phone. Who knew a 1 yr. old could push the exact buttons! I explained the situation to the woman, but of course they had to send an officer out anyway!
I should know that because when we 1st moved to TX we were all getting ready for church and Jake dialed 9-1-1. They also called back then and an officer had to come out. Was this really happening for a 2nd time??? (Jake had dialed "on purpose" because the day before we had talked about what to do in an emergency, etc. and he wanted to try it out. I knew after THAT police officer talked to him he would NEVER do it again.)
After many minutes or more of waiting, getting anxious to get Jake at school, an officer did come to the house. This man was very nice and understanding. I was thankful. Maybe Matthew just wanted to help commemorate 9/11.
Hurricane Ike looked like it was coming toward Dallas, but we just experienced the "outskirt" effects of it. The clouds swirled all day in the grey sky, but all we experienced was rain and wind! It was wonderful to wake up Sunday morning and the skies were as blue as ever. Everything had settled down and we went to Stake Conference on a beautiful, cool morning.
Elder Nelson was there (the other leaders split up to other stakes). He said that people in the airport looked at this group of men strangely because they were headed TOWARD Dallas...along with hurricane Ike. He said, "We'll have a contest to see who gets there first."
Elder Nelson talked about teaching our children: about the atonement, prophets, Joseph Smith, keeping eyes focused on the temple, prayer, and that revelation works! He also invoked a blessing on our new stake. What a blessing to be there and feel of his great spirit. I know that he is a special witness of Jesus Christ.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
The 2nd Time & A Calm Sunday Morning
Posted by lyssamcaleavy at 4:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hi Lyssa! It's Brandi Standage. I found your link from Brianna Shirley's blog. I hope you don't mind. I would love to keep in touch through blogging. I loved looking at all of the updated pictures of you and your family. It looks like you are all doing well. I will add you to my friends list if that is ok. I look forward to checking back in to see updates!
I'm excited to get the lastet update on "Ike" and your Stake Conference. It sounds like it was a wonderful Sunday. Love, MOM
Love your blog Lyssa. My kids always push the button on my cell that dials 911. I guess with cell phones they don't have to come out because they don't know where you live.
I agree it was a very spiritual stake conference and I am loving this cooler weather.
I am sooo paranoid that one of my kids will call 911; I'm sorry you've had to go through that twice! I'm so glad you've started a blog - I love all the updates!!
P.S. Come visit us soon!
Oh yes, my kids have dialed 911 as well! I can't remember which one, I think Richard?? I remember the police coming to the house.
Sounds like a great conference you had!
Post a Comment