CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Staining the Fence

This was our absolute favorite part of Spring Break! Believe it or not we spent 2 whole days (probably 8 hrs. each day) staining the wood fence around our backyard. It desperately needed it and the kids had an incentive. They were trying to earn a certain game for the Wii (which they later chose to take back because of appropriateness...Sean and I were so proud of their choice). These kids were so motivated to get it done.

Whether they earned the game or not I was so proud of each child. They truly worked HARD and we have the stain on many clothes to prove it. Working together as a family makes my heart HAPPY. What more can I say...

2 comments:

LoriT said...

What a cool (figuratively but not literally, I'm sure) experience that your kids will remember for a loooong time.

I'd love to hear more about the wii decision. Sounds like there's a good story behind that as well.

Natalie Walker said...

We need to do our fence too!! Will you hire your kids out? j/k