CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Homemade Marinara & Pumpkin Candles

I had a day I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere, so in the morning I ran to Sprouts and loaded up on fresh fruits and veggies. I took the day making yummy foods to freeze. I used Lori's food processor...it saved me.

My last big venture was to make homemade marinara sauce with all fresh ingredients. I've never done this before and I don't think I'll ever do it again because of the amount of time it takes, but it was fun to try. When I was done, I placed all of these items in the freezer.

At the end of the day the kitchen was finally cleaned up and the kids were getting in bed. Austin came downstairs and tried to get something out of the freezer. I remember saying, "No" and in slow motion bags of marinara fell to the ground and splattered! It was everywhere. I have to admit tears started to flow, but we were able to save some and it did get cleaned up! I'm happy to be able to laugh about it now.

This picture was taken after a lot of it was cleaned up.













The marinara incident with Austin reminded me of this.

























2 days before Austin's 3rd birthday we were at Bath and Body Works standing in line. Austin went to touch a glass pumpkin candle and the whole display of glass and pumpkins came crashing down!!! The woman profusely apolgized because she put the display up the night before and she didn't think it was safe. I felt horrible! Luckily, Austin was not hurt except for a few scratches. Corporate called and they changed the display. (I have to admit layering $75.00 candles on unsteady sheets of glass probably wasn't the safest idea.) Once I knew everything was O.K., I pulled out my camera...I was so glad it was in my purse that day. What a boy!

5 comments:

LoriT said...

Ok. This is exactly what I needed to read today to feel better about the kind of day I've been having.

Mine has been challenging (Vivi has had some potty training lapses), but it's nothing compared to either of these two days.

Perhaps there is wisdom in letting a little time pass before blogging about these kinds of mishaps. :)

Cindy Thomas said...

WOW WEE - that's quite the display at Bath & Body Works! :) I love hearing those kind of stories!

We were once in a Discovery Kids Store and Nick was in the stroller and the other two were looking around. I gave Nick one of those squishy things to squeeze and it EXPLODED in his hands and all this SLIME was on him! He got a new onsie that afternoon! :)

Tami said...

Ohhh... I am so sorry to hear that. I think I would have cried too! Did you let Squirt at least enjoy your hard work?

Natalie Walker said...

I definitely would have cried after all that hard work!!! And that is an awesome picture at Bath and Body Works!!

Michelle said...

You are the most patient woman in the whole world! I'm so sorry all that sauce was gone after your hard work. You handled it so well. It's good to laugh (and blog) about it later when you can enjoy those priceless pictures.