CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here.

"Christmas, Christmas time is here. Time for joy and time for cheer...." I have felt that way this year even though it is a truly busy season. Do I still have Christmas shopping left to do...yes. Do I still have a few Christmas cards to send...yes. Am I leaving this week for AZ and still have ALL of packing, delivering and cleaning to do...yes. BUT despite this and more I have felt joy in the Savior and his humble birth.

I have loved reviewing the Christmas story with our kids. What would it have been like to be there? I hope that I can always be thankful for the Savior and all that he has done for me. I hope that I can be an instrument in His hands to help those in need. I hope that our family's flame of service and giving can burn throughout the whole year...not JUST Christmas.

I hope that I can treasure and capture the moments of my kids looking at Christmas lights, singing Feliz Navidad as loud as they can, putting money in our jar to help a couple of families in need, watching the 1st Presidency's Christmas Devotional...it was so quiet I could hear a pin drop as my kids absorbed the stories and felt the spirit, making a gingerbread house ALL by themselves!, throwing marshmallows through a snowman poster with Grammy, Pappaw, and Heather, petting REAL reindeer, wearing hats/gloves/scarfs when it's cold, and seeing family and cousins!

What a great year 2008 has been! A year that has made history in many ways. I look forward to 2009 and all of the potential it brings. I'm not sure if I will be blogging for the next couple of weeks, so...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!









PS...We have LOVED everyone's Christmas cards. It is one of my favorite parts about Christmas since we have moved to Texas. We love hearing about how everyone is doing. Thank you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lyssa, I love Christmas time too! Especially this year since I get to see you. Can't wait till you get here(home)!

Michelle said...

Dear Lyssie, Your thoughts were so beautifully written down. You seemed to capture all the magic of Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to make memories in AZ. Love you, MOM