OK...for the first time my great sis-in-laws (Heather and Kristen) and I decided to do the early morning shopping after Thanksgiving. I've never had the desire to get up in the wee hours of the morning to do this, but instead of getting up early we stayed up ALL NIGHT! Yep, we pulled an "all-nighter"...call us crazy.
We found out that the outlet mall by Kristen's house opened at midnight, so there we were with a million other people shopping. There was even a band playing "Let it snow" (in Texas?). Around 2:00am I could feel my eyes closing as I waited in line at Banana Republic. By 2:30am Kristen pooped out :(, so we dropped her off at home. Heather and I knew that if we sat down for a minute we'd be asleep, so we stayed strong and went to IHOP. After a "not-needed" 3am meal and hot chocolate, we made it to Kohl's by 4:00am. (I've never seen so many people waiting in line to get into a store). By 6:15am we were done with a successful shopping trip to Kohl's. Heather, you are a trooper...even though "Lola" led us astray for a bit we did it and had a GREAT time! Do you think this can top Cantan???
We got home at 6:30am. I layed down and literally 5 minutes later Matthew was saying "Mama" and tapping on me. At 7:30am Sean woke up and took over. He is wonderful! I slept for a couple of hours and paid for lack of sleep the rest of the day. Would I do it again? Hmmm, skip the outlet mall and wake up early. That's what I would do.
Kristen, Kelly, Heather, Grammy and Pappaw...thanks for a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Black Friday...would we do it again?
Posted by lyssamcaleavy at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That sounds FUN, I am sure you girls got silly at the IHOP meal! Lack of sleep makes us a little silly when we are with girls. Hope you got some good deals. :)
I want IN next year!
Hi! I'm sending out Christmas letters and pics and I need your address ... please, oh please! :o) Do you mind sending it? You can just leave it as a comment on my blog and I won't post it. Thanks a million! :o)
Post a Comment