Well I'm trying to feel back to real life. Within a week... the stomach flu went through ALL SIX of us! It started with Taylor and ended with Sean, with the rest of us somewhere in between. I was reminded again how much I don't like cleaning up throw up. The next week I got sick again, but with the yucky cold stuff. I'm hoping these sick days are not to be repeated anytime soon! Fun times!
Besides the stomach bug and cold we have truly had some fun times in the last month. A few Saturdays ago Sean and his dad took Tay and Jake to an Air Show in Ft. Worth. I was sorry to miss out on this one, but Austin REALLY wanted to go to his soccer game. Tay and Jake got to do this!
The next week was the BYU/TCU game. Reed White is on the BYU team and Sean was excited to see him. The night before the game the BYU team put on a fireside at our stake center. Sean was able to go to Reed's hotel after and reminisce about "old times". The next night we took our kids to the game in Ft. Worth. They loved everything about it, except for the score :( We also got to see Reed again before they had to fly out. Thanks for the tickets Reed and our kids think you are famous!
Last week we had a visitor in our house. It was late and Sean saw something move in our ficus tree. He realized it was a baby bird! It was the sweetest little bird and it probably flew in as we were going in and out on Saturday. It was flying upstairs and down, so we ended up turning off all of the lights except one outside. We opened the front door and it eventually flew out. Too funny.
Our special Jakey boy had his 7th birthday! We love you! I can't believe he's so old...he'll be in Senior Primary next year...wow! I'll never forget having him the month after 9/11 and when the Diamondbacks were in the World Series. When I got to the hospital I was at a "7" and had Jake about an hour later. The doctor didn't make it for the delivery. Jake came so fast that his little face was purple from broken blood vessels. That is our Jakey today...still movin' in the fast lane. A friend from his football team made this video of Jake as he was playing quarterback this season! (He's #48)
Jake had a family party this year with Grammy, Pappaw, Uncle Bill and Aunt Gloria. I think Jake got everything he wanted AND more. It was great to spend time with family. The kids sang a song for them as we ended the night. Fun times!
Here is Matthew's new "pull toy", yep...the beaters.
Lastly, Halloween is always a treat! Taylor was a cute witch, Jake was a Clone Trooper, Austin was a Power Ranger, and Matthew was Pooh Bear. They loved every minute of it. The boys were done early and Taylor stayed out as long as she could with Joy and Justin. This was the 1st year I stayed and handed out candy (cuz I was feeling yuck), while Sean went with the kids. Fun times!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Fun Times!
Posted by lyssamcaleavy at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Lyssa, cute pictures. Sorry you were sick. I am excited to see you in a couple of weeks. I am still planning on coming up. I will give you a call and we can work out the details.
So fun to see what you all have been up to. We miss you sooo much and are counting the days!
What great pictures. A birthday boy, Halloween, a football game and all the rest. It sure helps to see a glimpse of your life. Your children are so beautiful and happy. Hope you all say well! Love MOM
Glad you all survived the darn flu bug! I hope it doesn't hit to soon around here! Lots of fun lately for you all. Cute kids, they are getting SO big!
Post a Comment